Thursday, March 20, 2014

Seriously. Hungry Words.


Does this get easier? I’m on … let’s see … day seven of my “pre-op liquid diet,” which consists of a protein, meal-replacement shake for breakfast and dinner and a box (Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, etc.) for lunch. This morning it was an Advocare berry-flavored meal-replacement shake with ice, which I really like. But I just couldn’t get it all down. Then I followed that up with a Smart Ones turkey and stuffing, which was mediocre at best. I’m not hungry, really. Maybe a little. But I am hungry FOR something. I want Cheetos.

I begged my (only, last, remaining) friend at work to bring me donuts, chocolate milk, and a big bag of crunchy Cheetos. I offered him $500. He’s being nice and not doing it. But I’d seriously sell my car, cat, or husband if they’d give me a big cheesy Cheeto… You know, the kind that gets coated with all that glorious orange stuff at the bottom of the bag? That’s the Cheeto I want. My kingdom for a cheesy Cheeto! Really, I’m hoping against hope that the surgery takes away all cravings. They say it will. Sometimes I forget.

See how hunger has made me deliriously digress?

NSV: That’s “non-scale victory” for you who aren’t in the know like me. I’m like the weight loss process queen. Notice I didn’t say I was queen of losing weight, because that would be stupid. Anyway … NSV: My wedding rings fit again. I love wearing them, because I rarely wear jewelry of any kind. They remind me of my new outlook on life: Work is just a job. Get through the day. Go home and live your life with your family and friends, and let that be your joy.

Waitin’ on my 4:30 joy ride home to kiss my dog, my cats, and my husband, probably in that order.

Highest weight: 374.
Current weight: 324. (How does that happen? How do you gain two pounds overnight when all you had was two shakes and a box?)
Surgery date: March 28, 2014.
Goal weight: Not within sight yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment