Sunday, December 26, 2010

Current Ailments

I thought it might be prudent to list my current ailments, just so I could go back later and remind myself how crappy it is to NOT be healthy and to prove to myself that feeling great all depends on how hard you work at it.


So, in no particular order, broad and specific:
  1. Tingling in my hands, and (a recent and VERY uncomfortable development) my arms fall asleep at night. It hurts so much I can't sleep. I have to get up and walk around to get the circulation going again.
  2. Clothes that fit improperly, uncomfortably, or not at all ... and there's no point in looking for anything new, so I just wear the same raggedy stuff all the time
  3. Sleep apnea and a BiPAP machine that I have to lug all over creation. No machine, no breathing while I sleep!
  4. High blood pressure (VERY high blood pressure) and about 5 different medications to control it
  5. Thyroid disease (which won't go away, no matter what)
  6. Stiff joints
  7. Hard time walking, especially in the morning or after I've been still for a while
  8. Need help sleeping (antidepressants)
  9. High "bad" cholesterol
  10. Low "good" cholesterol
  11. Extreme fatigue and ZERO energy
  12. Edema, and a dieuretic to control it
  13. Hard time climbing stairs
  14. Can't get down on the floor (couldn't get back up! Same thing for bathtubs.)
  15. Can't walk very far, and can't exercise at all except for bowling
  16. Get winded walking in from the parking lot
  17. Fat rolls over the pants!
  18. Wedding rings are tight

And a couple of other things I will just have to remember in my head. Mainly, I just look like a different person ... someone who's unhappy, angry, tired ... You name it. The person I know inside is not the person who stares back at me in the mirror. The person I know inside exists somewhere in 1988, or even 1998. By 2008, she was gone. I will find her again. She was a lot more fun than this grouchy old woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment