Friday, September 16, 2011

In Love With Fall

As I recuperate from injury
Alone in the house
Dark skies from approaching storms
Satisfied from dinner
Warm from painkillers
I think about fall

It's like God is resting
After toiling outside all day
Hot and sweaty and covered in grime
Then taking a long swig of sweet tea
To cool off His body and His thoughts
And take a long breath

Kids are selling cookie dough
Football players are in high spirits
America is honoring its veterans
The air conditioner is resting
And I'm thinking about soup
The weather is cool

Crisp air and long sleeves make me happy
Dog is ready to play at the park
Anticipation of all the best holidays
And social calendars start to fill up
Winter is beautiful under a blanket of snow
But fall is my favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment