Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm Sick

Not "as a dog" or even a "sick puppy." Just messy enough to raise eyebrows if I show my face at work today. Aches and pains? I can't tell if it's steroids or coughing, but I gots 'em.

So, I attempt to work from home on a project I need to get done, and this is what happens. Mindless blogging because I can't concentrate. Here, then, are some random things to pepper the day. Nothing exciting, mind you, but random can be fun sometimes.

Macy is lying in the hall, using the closet door to prop up her head so she can appear awake to the cat, who is lying on top of the couch behind my head, waiting to scratch her eyes out.

Scott, who got me sick in the first place and is also home sick today (a rarity to say the very least), is snoring in the recliner, mouth open. I wish I had a feather on a stick ... :)

It occurs to me that I am wiped out after having made the standard chicken noodle soup for lunch. The dishwasher, which is on probation right now while we decide whether we need a new one, is churning with several days' worth of dirty dishes. I hate it when Scott loads and doesn't run the thing. How gross. Anyway.

It's 13 days until my birthday! At least I won't be 40 anymore. :) And to celebrate my new oldness, I am going to see Fuel at Hat Tricks. Love Fuel. Love love love.

Speaking of love... It's also 12 days until Valentine's Day. For V-Day this year, I am going to do the Love Dare for my husband. Before you get too excited, look it up. I told him I was doing it, but I look forward to seeing his reaction. In other Valentine's Day news, I think I will send a candy bouquet or something. I don't know. Any ideas are welcome.

I was nice to my mommy this week. After a vendor visit in my own neighborhood, I was off work a bit early on Tuesday night, so I surprised her by taking her to dinner and to the neighborhood shopping spots until she pooped out. She enjoyed it, and so did I, and I was still home by 7 in time to rest. These steroids really wear me out. I think it's harder every time I have to take them.

Things I hate about steroids: The taste of the vile things. Swollen ankles (and I mean REALLY swollen). Constant hunger. Constant eating, interrupting what was a pretty good start on some dieting. Crabby pants attitude that is obvious even to me, but unstoppable. Strange, constant feeling that something just isn't right. Fitful, light sleep. Need for more rest than usual (but no more hours in the day to do so). Steroids just suck. And if you've never been on them, you just have no idea.

Scotty's on steroids right now for his sicky. One whole week. Woo. But any steroids means evil. We should be a pretty good pair here in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment