Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Boys Are Weird


So now I have three guy roommates, not counting the cat. My husband's best friend and his 9-year-old son have moved in for a while, joining my husband in the world championships of belch, fart, and leave-yer-dirty-dishes-for-mom. The race is close.

Let me tell you, boys are weird. They think WE never shut up. Good gravy, I have never heard so much chattering in all my life. They think WE are impatient and hyper ... inside, outside, movies, bowling, out to eat ... they never just sit still. They think WE are know-it-alls; they thought I was insane when I left the cabinets open and the faucets dripping ... until they heard the same advice on the news and decided it was their idea. They drink TONS of Diet Dr Pepper and wonder why they are hyper and can't sleep. Macy barks at Noah constantly, probably with good cause (and especially when provoked). And the seat is ALWAYS up.

It's not lost on me that my husband now has a built-in posse. The Wii tournament is nonstop. The discussion of sports is nonstop. The stupid jokes are nonstop. Here's a snippet:

"Hey, Brett Favre is coming back for his 34th season!"
"Hey, did the groundhog see his shadow? Does that mean six more weeks of winter?"
"Wherever they're at, they're cold! See the cow back there? That cow is cold!"
"Why's that guy have a thermometer?"
"Damn, change the channel. It's making me cold!"
"Beth, what's for dinner?"

Um, yeah. Domino's.

Why must I have to train two more?

No comments:

Post a Comment