Sunday, January 1, 2012

HNY, LOL

Happy new year and all that. I slept until noon, which is a rarity for me, and paid for it with a painful eye and some really weird dreams. They're worth mentioning.

The first dream involved my high school friend Peggy and her mom bringing over food. Lots of food. Scads of food. All gourmet finger foods and all delicious! All my high school girlfriends came over to try out all the food, which as it turns out, was sampling for my upcoming wedding, which Peg and her mom were planning to cater. Good times. Where were the guys? Outside playing softball. I took a little jaunt out there to see my pals and saw a lot of folks I recognized, some I didn't but still knew, and just a few no-namers. Cool.

The second dream was a bit of a continuation of the first. I was walking along the creek that ran along the back side of our house. On the other side of the creek were many apartments, some of which had been destroyed by water or fire. I gawked, then I turned to my left and saw some double doors, which in dreamland I recognized as my own house. I walked in. The foyer was large, and there were doors to two wings, one on each side. On the right was the "XXXXXXXX" wing (some guy's name I don't remember), and on the left was the "ROBERT RASH" wing. For those of you who don't know, Robert Rash is my dad (and granddaddy, but in dreamland you just know things, and this was Daddy). In the rooms I found all kinds of things, from all the clothes I had worn and discarded all my life, to Daddy's desk. It was like an antiques store met a museum. Interesting. I just walked around discovering things for a while, loving it. The director lady showed up and I asked her if I could just have some of the things (after all, it IS my stuff), and she was pretty noncommittal. In dreamland, I understood that these things were no longer mine because I had given them up. There was a price to get them back, and I don't think it was money.

So, all you budding Freuds out there, analyze that.

No comments:

Post a Comment