Monday, January 2, 2012

Vacation Finale

Today was the last day of my vacation. Dammit.

I made the most of it, though, by visiting my Mimi and making chicken spaghetti for dinner. I enjoyed my visit so much; I love hearing about what she did when she was younger that is so much like the things I do today. I also love talking about people I have held dear since birth, including my Daddy and Granddaddy. It was also my first trip to her new place, which I must say is awesome. She has plenty of room for her stuff, although there wasn't as much of it there as I'd have liked. We spent a little time talking about the treasures I get to keep that remind me of her and of my childhood, like the ceramic doggies that always sat on the shelf above Granddaddy's chair. I don't even particularly like them--they just set a scene in my mind. It's of a time when everything was right with the world.

Anyway, back to vacation. I didn't do what I intended to do, mostly because Scott's work schedule got all screwed up the last week of the year and ruined my plans. But no fear: I work the rest of this week and all of next week, then I am off the following week! Adventure awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment