Thursday, March 17, 2011

Catching Up

The calendar says it's been 12 days since I last posted (and even then, it wasn't my finest work). For almost two weeks I have abandoned the release that comes with forming individual word images into really long, run-on sentences that have meaning. To me, anyway. And fragments. That have impact. To me, anyway.

Sometimes I just open a new blog post and start that stream of consciousness writing that allows me to put thoughts on paper and exercise my brain. Sometimes some current event has set me off. And sometimes I just want to relate what Sybil did this week (she got a haircut!) or the latest stupid thing the boys in my house are doing. I don't care if you read. It's not about you.

Anyway, my last post was a lament, trying not to whine, about how behind I am in my life. I am happy to report that, after taking two days off this week, I have caught back up a little. My mother got groceries, the aforementioned haircut, and even a shopping trip to Walmart. Altrusa got Leadership Luncheon invitations, workshop scheduling, a master conference schedule, and even about a third of the conference program completed (by the way, that is a TON of work). And I got to sleep in for two extra days, have lunch with my husband, and leisurely shop wherever I wanted. Not that I bought much.

I am so happy with my progress that I am considering taking another day or two in the next week or so. There's still lots more Altrusa to be done in preparation for Conference, and I need to get my mom's taxes finished. I think that qualifies as personal time, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. Yes to the personal time... As long as I can pretend that some of this blog, some of the time, is about me...

    ReplyDelete