Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Couple of Pictures Worth a Thousand Words

Started off the day with "additional tests." Here's the lovely waiting room (and don't think I didn't want to eat that entire basketful of chocolate):



By the grace of God, I was able to avoid really fattening food after that experience. The tech kept prodding me, saying "I know IT is there, I can see IT." Until this moment, I had been under the impression that IT was nothing. Now IT practically has a name, rank, and serial number, and IT was residing INSIDE ME.

Anway, after two techs and a bona fide doctor prodded me for a while and took only one picture, the doc looks at me and goes, "Oh, it's probably not cancer. It's just a lymph node or a cyst."

OK, family practitioner who ordered the further tests ... please begin telling me the truth NOW.

Anyway. Had a productive day. Great meeting with the Youth Protection folks. Lots of stuff done. Great meeting with some other folks. And a nice conversation with my friend Kim. Here I am, in a self-portrait, showing Kim my new haircut.



She'd kill me if I posted the one she sent back to show me her bad-hair day. She was concerned about her "roots for miles," but was going to "get that straightened out" tonight.

Made myself a great dinner (salmon and zucchini with onions and romas) and am now snuggled up on the couch with Macy Lou, working on Altrusa.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great pic of you. Next time, invite me to that dinner, sounds yummers!

    ReplyDelete