Sunday, March 6, 2011

Getting Behind

I've always prided myself on being able to keep up with my deadlines and responsibilities. Somehow, I've fallen. Right now, I am behind at work and with Altrusa, and let's not even mention the housework. I need to get my mom's house ready to put on the market, and the flowerbeds at my own house need attention.

I know the problem: I have waaaay too much going on in my life. I need to simplify, and I need to rest. With my newfound health kick, I've had more energy, but that can be deceiving. I'm still not 100 percent healthy yet, so I might be smack in the middle of something and just run out of steam. That happened today. I'd gotten up early, bowled three games, grocery shopped for my mom, grocery shopped for myself, put away groceries and cleaned out the fridge, eaten a salad (!) while Scott gorged on Pizza Inn, hooked up the DirecTV receiver upstairs (let's hope this one works), cleaned the kitchen, and selected a movie, which turned out to be a dud. While walking to the theater from the parking lot, I realized I was pooped!

Sunday evenings are my quiet time. I'm vegging in front of the TV with my sweet husband, getting ready to watch a show we've been looking forward to. And, obviously, I'm online. I'd like to find an art class. I want to do something relaxing.

Does it seem strange that I want to rest, yet I want to do something else? If I had the energy, I would be working on Conference. I literally had to take two days off work (week after this coming week) to devote to it. I hope to catch up, and I hope everyone's not too mad that I waited this long to disseminate information.

OK, I'm rambling. Got to schedule a postal pickup for tomorrow and wash the supper dishes...

See you tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment